Tuesday, April 24, 2012

March 23, 2012

After thinking I had gotten over my mental hump, and having a few really good running weeks…I had an awful week.
During one of my runs, I got to the point where I was so spent, that I crouched on the side of the road and willed myself not to cry. Then I walked home and didn’t finish the workout.
My coach told me to take it easy this week and “reset”. My first thoughts were how can I manage to do that? What will I do if I’m not runing?
Then the pollen count went over 9300 and I couldn’t breathe and my whole face hurt and there was no way I could WALK outside, let alone run. Just getting the cocktail of meds right so I could sleep was enough of a challenge.
I havent run all week.
The result is…I can’t wait to get back out there. I’ve gone from dreading my workouts to looking forward to getting back to it.
Reset indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment